Help Haiti

Ayunga tsun srung Haiti ila ildownloadsi fi'u tirol,way fu/si pamtseo..... Irayo ulte eywa ngahu!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Pease Porridge Hot

Me papa used to read all Mother Goose's  rhymes with me,
I could practically recite almost every one of them
One of my favourites was "Pease Porridge Hot"...some books go "Pease Pudding Hot"
(Although my most favourite is Old Mother Hubbard, I had a wonderful pet dog)
It goes like this:

Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold,

Pease porridge in the pot, nine days old;

Some like it hot, some like it cold,

Some like it in the pot, nine days old.
 
The origins of this rhyme remains unknown...
Pease porridge is also known as Pease Pottage (yums) (middle english, again)
It's also a  game,  children play it with pairing,clapping their hands (ask me and I'll teach you how)
Arwah Tony Curtis stars in "Some Like It Hot", a film by Billy Wilder (1959),title taken from this rhyme...
The song's traditional english, so if you would like to know how it sounds,
refer to Roud Folk Song Index no.19631 (imma Brobdingnagian..)
 
Want to know which one's Pa's favourite?
 
"Needles and pins, Needles and pins,
 
When a Man marries, His troubles begin"
 
I Love my childhood
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

plltxe