Help Haiti

Ayunga tsun srung Haiti ila ildownloadsi fi'u tirol,way fu/si pamtseo..... Irayo ulte eywa ngahu!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hash brown

As usual, everyday, a sheep was to be dragged to a cold, dark cave up in the mountains of Hash brown. There, the sheep will be tied to a poll made ready at the mouth of the cave. Then, all men who dragged the sheep up the mountain will run for their lives as they hear his breath. It seemed forever the village of Hash brown lived in fear of a fearsome dragon. Its scales are as hard as celestial bronze, armoring his entire body. His breath of fire destroys corps of people, who are then left to starve. The King has lost many of his noblest knights in order to kill the mighty dragon.

One afternoon, as all villagers fear once, the dragon paid a visit.
"I am tired of feasting upon sheep which none other tastes like sticks and stone!"
"But we feed you with the finest sheep we've ever had. With the burning of out crops, our people themselves have not much to eat, never mention of the sheep!" said the King.
"Have I not warned you that if I am not fed well, then your village will I destroy?!" said the dragon. "If your majesty were to ensure the survival of His kingdom, then once of every month, you shall send me a fair maiden from the village for me to feast on".
"I cannot do that! I have...”
"SILENCE!! I think my orders are precise and well understood! I shall be expecting my dine four days from now". And the dragon flew away to his cave, till he's out of sight. The King, with a million stones of burden in his heart, has no choice but to obey, and ever so every month since the event, a maiden was sacrificed.

Then it was heard a stranger from the North, who's a dragon slayer and expert of hand, was called upon Hash brown. The doors of the castle then opened as the stranger enters. He was not what the King expected him to be. He appears to not look like a dragon slayer, but an old crooked man who walked crookedly, with nothing on him but a leather bag which could not bear any type of weapon.
"Old man, as I have heard you slay dragons, chases them away, tame them! Are you not the man of whom I've spoken?" asked the King,
"Yes, I am. Your dragon cannot be slayed my King. To kill it, there’s a way, but you must find the answer  in the name of your village."
"I don't understand you, old man! Are you saying, to kill the dragon will take no brave knights and weapons, but merely by the name of the village? The dragon has spoken the village's name a thousand times. I have you know that there are many of the village's maidens been sacrificed for the sake of the kingdom!"

But it is in a blink of an eye that the old man disappears from sight, and the king was left in despair. Then, a subject of the castle gathered his courage, for he is the man of medicine in the castle, as wise as he is, said.
"Your majesty, if I were to translate the message of the old man, I would say that we should feed the dragon...our 'village' "
"Have you gone mad?! Have the sorcery of the old man taken your wisdom? How could you possibly say that I have to feed the entire kingdom to the dragon? If I were to do so, am I not speeding up the dragon's wish?"
"By means Your Majesty, not the people of the kingdom, but the name of it, Hash brown. To my knowledge, the word ‘Hashbrown’ is a type of potato snack, flattens and fried, and happens to be a favourite snack of a distance land. But the potato, as to all, when fried will drain a whole lot of oil from the pan. To my medical knowledge, a wholesome diet of oily feast will eventually create a plague of the arteries of the heart, which results to heart failure and death"
"Have my ancestors gone mad...naming the kingdom after a far away land snack? Death you say? Then summoned all my subjects to grow potatoes, and it will all be fried when the dragon is away, and to be shaped into a maiden, and to be fed to the dragon every day, till his death visits him, and we shall finally have peace"

And so the people of Hash brown planted potatoes, and did what the king have ordered them. And at every feast the dragon, whose eyes like all other reptilians, aren't clear, was tricked by the delicious-ness of the maiden shaped hash browns. And through the months he got too fat to fly, but still addicted to the hash browns. On one feast, he dropped a hash brown which has its head and left leg eaten. He shivered and fitted. As the people watch to their delight, the dragon dropped to his death and died.

As they celebrate that night, the old sorcerer came back, and asked to be rewarded. The King refuses to do so, as he claimed the old man vanished without a clear explanation, and could have lead to more destruction, with an addition that there was no reward in their agreement. The old man then cast a spell to all humanity, with power so might driven by his anger, that all people were to be addicted to their weapon as the dragon, and die as the dragon. And the curse lingers to this very day, with thousands of heart failure cases across the world, due to food of high fat content. Eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

plltxe